ARTS AND CRAFTS VENDOR INFORMATION FOR THE SOWA OPEN MARKET
The SoWa Open Market is a juried market. All vendors are reviewed for acceptance. It is our goal to have a wide variety of products by independent makers and designers. We are currently accepting applications for the following types of vendors:
» Crafters and Artisans
» Independent Designers
» Fine Art
We do not provide space for religious or political organizations. We will consider a limited number of fair-trade and eco-friendly handmade import vendors, however products may not be commercially mass produced.
Antique and Vintage dealers, please apply to the SoWa Vintage Market. The SoWa Vintage Market is under separate management and not affiliated with NE Open Markets
Farms, specialty food vendors, gourmet and kitchen products and services, bath and body vendors: Apply to the SoWa Farmers Market HERE
Food Trucks: Apply to the SoWa Food Truck Court HERE
Fashion Trucks: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about rates and application procedures.
Click HERE to see pictures of the market
DATES AND HOURS OF OPERATION:
The SoWa Open Market will operate every Sunday from May 5, 2013 through October 27, 2013, including holidays. Market hours are 10AM – 4PM
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
The SoWa Open Market is a juried market. All applicants are required to submit an application and 3 photos of their work for review. Online applicants will be notified within 10 days. You may apply as either a RESERVED vendor or a STAND-BY vendor as explained below. Please review market policies before applying. Click HERE to apply for the 2013 season.
- The fee for a 10×10 reserved spot is $100 per market with a 5 date minimum. You are making a commitment to participate on your reserved dates and will be responsible for payment of those dates. Carefully review the payment, cancellation and date change policies before applying.
- Reserved status is the only way to guarantee a confirmed spot at the SoWa Open Market. To qualify for reserved status, you must sign up for a minimum of 5 dates.
- If accepted, you will receive an electronic invoice. Payment is due no later than 10 days prior to each reserved market.
- Failure to pay on time will result in a $25 late fee.
- If you pay in full within 10 days of receiving your original invoice, you receive an additional date for free. This promotion is applies only to the original application and only to artist, artisan, crafter and designer vendors. If you take advantage of this promotion, free date availability is contingent on market and category availability. The free date promotion ends on April 10. You must reserve the free date no later than June 10.
- You may reserve as many additional dates as you like during the season as long as spots are still available in your product category. Email requests for additional dates to email@example.com
- IMPORTANT: by choosing reserved status, you are making a commitment to the SoWa Open Market and are responsible for timely payment of your reserved dates whether you attend or not. You are automatically put into the system for those dates and will be billed. If you are not prepared to make this commitment, please apply as a Stand-by vendor.
- The stand-by fee for a 10 x 10 spot is is $125 cash ($130 via credit card or Paypal). Personal checks not accepted. Stand-by fees are payable the day of the market.
- Stand-by vendors must submit an application and be juried into the market. On the application, choose “stand-by” and do not select any dates. There is no minimum date requirement for stand-by vendors.
- Stand-by vendors may not make advance reservations.
- On market day, juried stand-by vendors should check-in no later than 9am and will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis once reserved vendors have checked-in.
- IMPORTANT: Please be aware that there is no guarantee that stand-by space will be available. You will be turned away if the market and/or your product category are full. Stand-by vendors who have not juried into the market will be turned away.
10’ x 10’ – $100 paid at least 10 days in advance
10’ x 20’ – $175 paid at least 10 days in advance
10’ x 10’ – $125 – paid day of event (cash or money order only)
10’ x 20’ – $200 – paid day of event (cash or money order only)
If you include jewelry among your product line, you must apply under the jewelry category. Exceptions to this policy require advance approval from market management. Vendors who applied under a non-jewelry category and are selling jewelry at the market will be expected to remove jewelry items from their display if asked to do so by the Market Manager.
Jewelry applications will be reviewed in three waves. Please do not apply more than once as duplicate applications will be deleted. The jewelry category is very competitive and sells out early!
- Jewelry applications received by February 10 will be notified by February 15
- Jewelry applications received from February 11 – March 10 will be notified by March 15
- Jewelry applications received between March 11 – April 7 will be notified by April 12
- After April 7, applications will be considered on a rolling basis until all spots are filled.
BATH & BODY and AROMATICA VENDORS:
- Bath & Body and Aromatica (candles, scents, etc) vendors have the option of setting up at either the Arts Market or the Farmers Market.
- Arts Market: booth fee is $100 with a 5 date minimum commitment.
- Farmers Market: booth fee is $60 with a 5 date minimum commitment.
- After fulfilling your 5 date commitment, additional dates can be reserved at either market at the applicable rate for that market.
- Please submit your applications using using the appropriate application form for either the Arts Market or the Farmers Market.
- bath and body vendors wishing to share space with another arts/craft vendor must apply to the Arts Market. No sharing at the Farmers Market.
- Bath, body and aromatica SoWa VIP and Combo VIP pass holders may set-up at either at the Arts Market or the Farmers Market.
Two vendors may share a space and split the booth fee, however both parties must submit individual applications. Shared space is applicable only to 10 x 10 spots. Please note in the comment area of the application that you are applying as a share. Note the business name of the other party and which one of you should be invoiced. We cannot issue split invoices – only one invoice will be issued for the full amount.
A limited number of VIP Season Passes are available for the 2013 season. As a VIP you enjoy significant savings and do not need to reserve ahead of time. Just show up and be guaranteed a spot at the market! And there is no waiting in line – simply show your pass to the check-in person and go directly to the front of the line. Plus, VIP Pass holders get coveted corner spots at SoWa and prime locations at Greenway!
2013 SoWa Season Pass - $1,900
The SoWa VIP Pass includes all 26 SoWa Open Markets. A $700 savings!
2013 SoWa and Greenway Combo Season Pass – $3,100
The SoWa and Greenway Combo Pass includes all 49 SoWa and Greenway Open Markets. An $1800 savings!
If you wish to apply for a VIP pass, select VIP Pass on the application and do not check any dates. Payment in full for VIP passes will be due 10 days after acceptance. VIP passes are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Upon acceptance you will be sent a link to your personal payment page. Please bookmark the link for fast and easy payment of your reserved market dates. If you prefer, you may also pay via the drop-down menus on the Vendor Payment Page of the website.
Payments are due 10 days prior to each reserved market. Late payments will incur a $25 late fee.
You may wish to pay in full and in advance for all your reserved dates. To do so, please click on the ‘pay invoice online’ button on your electronic invoice.
If you pay in full within 10 days of receiving your original invoice, you receive an additional date for free. This promotion is applies only to the original application and only to artist, artisan, crafter and designer vendors. If you take advantage of this promotion, free date availability is contingent on market and category availability. The free date promotion ends on April 10. You must reserve the free date no later than June 10.
You may pay by check if you prefer. Checks must be received in our office by market due dates. Please include your invoice number, business name and dates in the memo area of the check. Make check payable to NE Open Markets LLC and send to:
NE Open Markets LLC
41 Sweeney Lane
Plymouth MA 02360
All payments are due 10 days prior to reserved market dates. If you miss the deadline you will incur a $25.00 late fee.
The SoWa Open Market is a rain or shine market. Booth fees are non-refundable. You are responsible for payment of your reserved dates, whether you attend or not. No credits or make-up dates will be granted for cancellations received in the 10 days prior to the market or for no-shows.
Pay-As-You-Go Cancellation Policy:
Once you have fulfilled the 5 date minimum requirement, you may cancel one of your remaining dates as long as you give us 10 days advance notice. All additional date cancellations will incur a cancellation fee of up to 100% of your invoice balance. Exceptions to the cancellation policy will be considered on a case by case basis and only in the event of a personal or family emergency. You may be required to submit official proof of the emergency.
Paid Market Cancellation Policy:
No refunds will be given for cancellation of paid reservations, however a credit toward future market dates will be issued for cancellation of paid dates received in writing via email or letter at least 10 days in advance. Credits apply only to the SoWa Open Market and expire at the end of the season if not used. Credits may not be applied to sold-out dates and/or categories or to other markets. Exceptions to the cancellation policy will be considered on a case by case basis and only in the event of a personal or family emergency. You may be required to submit official proof of the emergency.
SWITCHING RESERVED DATES and CHANGE FEE:
In order to switch a date we need at least 10 days e-mailed notice. Vendors are permitted one free date change per season. Additional date changes will incur a $25 change fee. Date changes are contingent on market and/or category availability. Please use our Contact Form to request a date switch.
Additional dates above and beyond the market minimums may be added at any time during the season. Change fees do not apply when reserving additional dates. Confirmation of additional dates is subject to market and/or category availability. To add dates, please use the Contact Form on the website.
The SoWa Open Market is a rain or shine market. By choosing to participate in a rain or shine market, vendors assume all risks associated with adverse weather conditions. No refunds, credits or make-up dates will be given to vendors who choose not to attend a market for weather related reasons.
Market cancellation will be considered only in the very rare event of an official severe weather warning or a 100% chance of heavy rain for the entire duration of the market. Market cancellations are at the sole discretion of NE Open Markets, LLC. No refunds, credits or make-up dates will be granted in the event of a market cancellation due to weather or if the market closes early due to weather.
SETUP & OPERATION OF VENDOR BOOTHS:
- Set up times are assigned in groups. An email with specific set-up times and instructions is sent to reserved vendors the Friday prior to each market.
- Our staff will assign spaces to vendors as they arrive at the market.
- Booth set-up is not permitted before 6:30AM on market day and vendors must be ready for operation by 10:00AM.
- Booths must be staffed during operating hours, 10:00AM-4:00PM. Breakdown of your booth before 4:00PM is not permitted, unless permission is first obtained by the market manager. Operations of the market should not be disrupted, nor the safety and convenience of shoppers or vendors be jeopardized.
- Vendors shall provide their own booths/tables/tents and sun/rain covers.
- Weights for tents are mandatory at each of our markets. At least 40lbs per tent leg. For instructions on how to make your own and purchase, please click HERE
- Vendors should display a sign identifying the artists or business name. Signage must be securely attached to booth or stall as not to interfere or impede foot traffic.
- Vendor parking is located two blocks away at 500 Albany Street for $5/day. Vendors and their employees are not permitted to park in the market parking lot.
- The SoWa Open Market is a rain or shine market, please be prepared by bringing the necessary tents or awnings.
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their space attractive during market hours and for cleaning up their space after the market closes, including removal of garbage and sweeping up any loose debris.
- The SoWa Open Market reserves the right to refuse or terminate any vendor who does not comply with the above guidelines.
Tax ID Numbers are REQUIRED in Massachusetts. All Exhibitors must be in compliance with State & Federal Tax Laws and display Tax ID Certificate in booth. This is required for both in state and out of state vendors. If you do not have a tax id certificate, you can obtain one online in a few minutes at no cost. Click HERE to register with the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
The SoWa Open Market managers and promoters reserve the right to restrict or terminate any vendor’s activity or remove any product, which, in their opinion, is objectionable or inappropriate or is detrimental to the quality of the event as a whole. In the event of any restrictions or evictions, the SoWa Open Market and its affiliates will not be liable for any refund of rental or other expenses.
The SoWa Open Market managers and promoters reserves the right to remove, without refund or recourse, any exhibitor who misrepresents himself or his product. In addition, the promoter reserves the right not to select vendors who may not be suitable for the market.
The SoWa Open Market reserves the right to amend or add to the applicable rules pertaining to and governing the SoWa Open Market at any time during and before the operating season. All participating vendors at the SoWa Open Market will be made aware of all additions or amendments. The interpretation of all the rules by the promoters shall be final.