Food trucks that wish to participate in the 2013 SoWa Open Market season must complete the below application by January 31, 2013. Notifications will be sent by email on February 7, 2013.
Please do not contact our office as to the receipt or status of your application. All applicants will receive notification by email on February 7, 2013.
Click HERE to apply.
ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS:.
- Previous Food Truck applicants need not submit new photos, menus and/or permits unless changes have been made.
- Food Truck applications and products are juried on their own merit, not a first-come, first-served basis.
- All Food Truck applicants are required to submit menus, pricing and permitting information.
- Vendor selection is at the sole discretion of Market Management.
- All Food Truck applicants must select desired dates on application (a minimum of 5 dates is required). If accepted, some dates may not be granted to vendor due to space limitation and/or menu duplication.
- All applications must be submitted by January 31, 2013. Notifications will be sent by email on February 7, 2013. Applications received after January 31, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applications are reviewed and selected based on, although not limited to, the following:
- Evaluation Results (prior participants)
- Space availability
- Truck Appearance/product presentation
- Product balance (similar or like menu items within the market)
- Menu uniqueness and pricing
- Value to the customer
150.00 per Sunday. Accepted Food Trucks are invoiced for reserved market dates. All payments must be made 10 days in advance. If payment deadlines are missed, your spot will be forfeited to a vendor on the wait list.
Please include your invoice number and business name in the memo of your check. Make all checks payable to NE Open Markets LLC and send to:
NE Open Markets LLC
41 Sweeney Lane
Plymouth, MA 02360
After being accepted you’ll be sent a link to your personal payment page. You can use this page to pay for your reserved dates or the drop down menu on the Food Truck Payment page
All payments are due 10 days prior to reserved market dates. If you miss the deadline you will incur a $25.00 late fee.
SCHEDULING AND SPACE ASSIGNMENTS:
Trucks are assigned spots upon arrival to the market.
TAXES, LICENSES, AND PERMITS:
Vendors must have visibly displayed in the front of their truck any licenses, certifications, and permits required by the City of Boston Health Department. The collection and filing of all related taxes is the sole responsibility of each individual vendor.
HEALTH, SANITATION, AND SAFETY:
Any person using the SoWa Open Market for the purposes of selling or offering for sale of any items on the premises must comply with all federal, state, and local health ordinances.
In order to switch a reserved date we need at least 10 days written (by email) notice. Vendors are permitted one date switch per season, so please choose carefully. Not all requests will be granted due to space limitation and/or menu duplication. Please use our Contact Form to send a date switch request.
The SoWa Open Market is a rain or shine market. In the event of a cancellation due to severe weather, credits or refunds will not be granted.
- Behavior by vendors judged to be disruptive or detrimental to the peaceful operation of the market shall not be allowed.
- Any unsafe or unsanitary conditions should be brought to the immediate attention of the market manager.
- New England Open Markets, LLC and its representatives are not responsible for damage or loss of any personal belongings.
- Will conduct their business in a professional manner.
- Will thoroughly clean their assigned area at the end of each market day, including removal of ALL waste and debris. Any vendor leaving debris in rented space will be fined accordingly and asked not to return.